May 14, 2012
The Department of Motor Vehicles is the officially entitled agency in the USA to tackle with vehicle related issues, from issuing vehicle registrations and vehicle registrations replacement, to the issuing of a driver’s license to safety and emission inspection. However, DMV government offices have different names in various states and such is the case in the state of Illinois, where the office is called Illinois Secretaty of State. Furthermore, government offices and sites sometimes are time-consuming and poorly organized, so here we’ve made a close selection of all the contacts and links you may need when meeting the requirements Illinois BMV imposes.
Office Locations Near You
- All issues related to titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits, and more; are in the hands of the Secretary of State VSD Offices. There you also can schedule your vision, knowledge, and road tests.
- For vehicle inspections are entitled VSD’s Test Stations. To find your nearest State Inspection Station click here.
- Whenever your license is suspended you have to go to Hearing Officer Facility Location.
- For for any child passenger safety tips and more contact Child Passenger Safety Seat Fitting Stations.
Note: Secretary of State Offices are basically open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. Some offices are also open on Saturday, but some may be closed on specific weekdays. However, working hours and days vary from office to office. Please verify the timings before you visit. Bear in mind the legal holidays.
Illinois VSD Offices are located in all regions throughout the State. To find the VSD office location nearest you, use the facility finder at the government site: http://www.ilsos.gov/facilityfinder/facility.
Contact the VSD
You don’t have to always visit VSD locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the VSD to schedule certain activities in advance:
- A road test appointment for commercial licenses can be made by calling (630) 293-1191 for the South Holland, Elk Grove, or West Chicago facilities and by calling (217) 785-3013 for any other CDL testing facility.
- An appointment at a child passenger safety seat fitting station can be made by calling (866) 247-0213.
For more usuful information we recommend you to visit the dmv.com at http://www.dmv.com/.
And if you want to save time, skip all unnecessary government bureaucray and spare yourself from headaches check out the best guide for Illinois BMV at http://www.dmv.com/il-illinois.